In this episode of Krome Cast: Tech-IT-Out, we review the challenges faced with legacy system migration; looking at everything from the hardware layer through to the application layer. We discuss how to successfully update IT systems, and the legacy systems problems that are often faced by organisations when embarking on systems upgrades and migrations. These include data migration considerations, such as using extraction, transformation and load (ETL) tools, hardware migration plans, os migration, virtualisation migration and application migration.
This tech panel podcast features Krome’s Commercial Director, Sam Mager, along with Krome’s MD, Rupert Mills, and Technical Director Ben Randall, sharing their views and experience on how to migrate data from legacy platforms and what technology migration strategy is best to achieve a seamless tech migration path.
If you’re navigating through the challenges of digital transformation, trying to build and maintain a stable and future-proof infrastructure, that meets the needs of your business, or you just want to keep up to date with the industry challenges and trends, please head over to our YouTube Channel and hit subscribe!
Our podcast series will feature in-depth discussions, covering a range of subjects including technology updates, tech challenges, trends, industry changes. Insights and best practices for IT leaders. Krome’s experience with client projects. How to overcome technical challenges. Considerations to make when embarking on specific upgrades, migrations, and installations. How-to guides and more!
Our technology podcast is also available in audio-only format on all of the major podcast platforms including Apple, Spotify, and Google Podcasts, it is also available with full video content on our YouTube Channel.
To view some of our other podcasts please see some suggested episodes below.
- How bad is the Log4j Security Vulnerability?
- Azure Virtual Desktops
- Mergers and Acquisitions IT Strategy
- Wireless Security Best Practices
- Modern Desktop Management
- The Evolution of XaaS
- Ransomware Recovery
- Horizon Hosted Telephony – Replacing an ISDN Phone System
- Vulnerability Management – Is your network vulnerable?
- Password Tips & Tools – Password security tips for business
- Dell EMC PowerStore Initialization Guide & PowerStore Storage Review
- Protecting Employees from Phishing by creating a Human Firewall
- Managing Unstructured Data and Migrating Legacy Systems
- Enterprise Network Monitoring – featuring Paessler
- Patch Management Tips, Tools, and Schedules
- Office 365 Migration
- Network Security for Remote Workers
We really hope you enjoy our technology podcast sessions, if there’s anything you’d like us to cover please get in touch using the form below or add it in the comments section on YouTube.