Reviewed: 18th September 2020
Krome Technologies Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
We are registered in the United Kingdom under company number 7031219, with our registered office and principal place of business at Krome House Pound Road, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 8ER. Our VAT number is GB 9778629 40.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us and also how you may use our website and information. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
If you become a customer then you will need to agree to separate terms and conditions. Your privacy and data protection rights as a customer will be expanded upon in those separate terms.
Under data protection legislation the data controller is Krome Technologies Ltd.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you (but only with your consent or because we need to in order to respond to you):
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.krome.co.uk (“our website”). This includes information provided by you when you subscribe to our services, or request further services and/or information. We may also ask for information if you report any problems.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of any correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- As a customer, details of you and your business, any orders placed or contractual commitments, payment instructions and details; together with related correspondence and information needed to fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, but does not identify any individual.
We use “cookies” for elements of our website to function, and to collect data that helps us understand our visitors better. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by our web page server. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, then some of the functionality of our website may be impaired.
Here is a list of the main types of cookies we use and what we use them for; we have described them using the categories recommended by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) UK Cookie Guide.
We use WordPress to manange our website, which has a set of WordPress specific cookies. They can be easily identified because they contain ‘wordpress’ or ‘wp’ in the cookie name.
Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, how they move around the website and details of any error messages generated.
Like many companies we use Google Analytics to help us monitor our website traffic. These cookies do not collect information that identifies an individual visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous and does not affect your privacy.
All Google Analytics cookies names start with ‘__ut…’. Google stores the information collected through the use of its cookies in the United States of America and other countries. Google may also make that information available to third parties. More details about the analytics cookies, and how to reject or delete them: www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html
Targeting or advertising cookies: We do not allow third-party adverts on our website therefore you will be pleased to know that we do not use these types of cookies or other tracking capabilities.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you will only be stored and processed by us in the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Please note our comments above about Google storage of data.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data en route to us. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to secure your personal data
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have expressly consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us (this will be expanded upon in our business terms).
- To notify you about changes to our services to which you have subscribed.
- As a customer we will use your personal data to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and as part of our overall relationship with our customers.
This website is intended for your own individual use.
If you agree to us sending you marketing communications then we may do so, but you can request that we stop doing so at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe button in any e-mails or contacting us.
You have the following rights under current legislation:
- The right of access: You have the right at any time to ask to see a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to withdraw consent: Where you have given your consent to our processing you may withdraw this at any time.
- The right to rectification and data quality: If your personal data is incorrect or incomplete then you may ask us to remedy that.
- The right to erasure including retention and disposal: You may ask us to delete or remove your personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing, but this may affect any services we provide to you.
- The right to restrict processing: Where you have highlighted an issue with the data.
- The right to data portability: This allows you to request that your personal data be shared with other processors at your request, but given the nature of the services we provide this is unlikely to be of any practical benefit.
- The right to object: Where you have an objection to our processing you may do so.
You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe we are in breach of our legal obligations under data protection laws.
Please note that while you may want to withdraw your consent to our processing, or ask that your personal data be erased, there may be circumstances in which we are entitled keep a copy. An example would be so that we can deal with any contractual issues that may arise in the future.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from, the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you use those websites. These other websites may also use adword tracking facilities, particularly on non-EU websites where this may be permitted.
How long will we keep your data
This will ultimately depend on the reason we collected your personal data and what we need to do with it. If it was purely for marketing reasons then we will keep and use your contact details only for so long as you want to be contacted by us. If the personal data relates to a contract between us then we may keep a restricted access copy purely for demonstrating and defending our rights under that contract.
Krome Technologies will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Krome Technologies encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Krome Technologies is protecting your information. When such a change is made, we will update the “Last Updated” date above.
Ownership of our website and data
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights relating to our site, and the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use. You may draw the attention of others to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way.
You may not copy or use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics for any other purposes.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
You may not re-use any information or materials contained on our website via any deep linking, framing or other techniques which disguise the source or change the appearance of that information or materials.
3rd party cookies and social networks
If you click on a hyperlink from our website to a third party’s website, share content on a social network or follow a link to our website from a social network (e.g. if you ‘share’ content with or arrive from LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter) you may be sent cookies from these third party websites. Third-party websites will have their own privacy and cookie policies which we cannot control. Please check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and their privacy policies.
No reliance on information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Any product or service information displayed on our website is for information purposes. We do not guarantee the accuracy of this or that it will meet your individual requirements.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Krome Technologies welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Krome Technologies has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Krome Technologies at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.