Due to continued and exciting growth within the business, a role has emerged for a Senior Third Line IT Support Engineer / Technical Consultant to join our highly skilled technical team.
As a Senior Third Line IT Engineer, you will be working on a variety of projects as well as assisting other technical teams with any third-line escalations that arise using good general experience across a range of subjects until resolution is reached. You will be liaising with clients and vendors to ensure a positive communication flow.
It will also be your function to assist the junior team with mentoring on both technical and process matters.
This is a hybrid role, 3 days per week based at Krome’s HQ in Chertsey (Surrey), and 2 days flexible working (depending on client needs).
However, our Consultants also work on secondments, so availability to work in Chertsey but also to travel to London and other client locations is required.
- Good background in a generalist 3rd Line Technical Support Engineer / Consulting role
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL server database administration, including clustering and server/database maintenance, best practices etc.
- Experience as a client-facing SME proposing technical solutions
- Solid experience with and the ability to deploy & configure at least some of the following: Microsoft Product Set (Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange 2013-2019, M365 etc)
- TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting
- Virtualisation (VMWare or Hyper-V), SANs and other related technologies
- Backup Product Sets such as Veeam and Asigra
- Firewall technologies such as Palo Alto Networks
- Leading migration projects
- Great communication skills (in person and via telephone) – excellent written and spoken English is essential
- Personable, with the ability to build rapport with multiple teams of IT technicians. The candidate will be required to integrate within both the Krome technical team and client IT departments
- The successful candidate will be a punctual and thorough worker, with astute attention to detail
- Any IT qualifications will be an advantage but not essential
- This role will be based at our HQ in Chertsey (Surrey) so living in close proximity to the office will be a distinct advantage
- A valid UK driving licence is essential
The role is 9:00am – 5.00 pm Monday to Friday
- £40,000 – £50,000+ Basic (depending on experience).
- 4% Employer Pension Contribution
- Flexible Annual Leave Package (25 days, plus Bank Holidays, increasing with Length of Service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private Medical Insurance (applicable after 5 years’ service)
- Learning and Development Programme, aimed to support Career Progression
- Monthly Employee Recognition Awards (Extra Days Holiday or Amazon Voucher Rewards)
- Long Service Recognition Awards for 5, 10, 15 years+
- Complimentary Breakfast Available (8am – 9am Mon to Fri)
- Complimentary Tea/Coffee and Fresh Fruit Available All-day
- Fully Stocked Beer/Wine Fridge for Friday After Work Drinks
- Discounted Corporate Gym Membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Shower Facilities
- Free Private Car Park
- Staff Break Out Room with Pool Table
- Modern, Open Plan, Office Environment
- Quarterly Company-Funded Social Events
- Company-Funded (Voluntary) Participation in our Charity Events
- Electric Vehicle Charging Points are Available at our Chertsey Head Office.
Inclusion & Diversity
Krome Technologies is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment free from discrimination, where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All aspects of employment at Krome including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Recruitment at Krome works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. Krome does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Apply for this Role:
Please click here to apply for this role