First Line Technical Support Engineer Role
Due to exciting growth within the business, a great opportunity has emerged for a First Line Technical Support Engineer to join a technically strong, fun and dynamic team.
You will be dealing with hands-on problem fixing and troubleshooting from a variety of hardware and software matters, both remotely and face to face with our clients.
The candidate will be expected to have a very quick learning curve as he/she will be thrown a variety of challenges and required to work hard to meet customer expectations and satisfaction.
Training will be provided by virtue of teamwork and Microsoft qualifications, but it is expected you will be able to work independently to solve a variety of technical challenges.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive and dynamic company with excellent career opportunities.
- 1 to 2 years of professional experience in a similar role OR a recent College / University graduate looking for a great first step on the career ladder within IT
- Experience with / or an understanding of the MS Office Suite, Active Directory, TeamViewer (or similar), Exchange / Office 365, Antivirus software etc
- Some experience using a Ticketing system/working to SLA’s will be advantageous
- Great communication skills (in person and via telephone) – excellent written and spoken English is essential
- Personable, with the ability to build rapport with multiple teams of IT technicians. The candidate will be required to integrate within both the Krome technical team and client IT departments
- The successful candidate will be a punctual and thorough worker, with astute attention to detail
- Any IT qualifications will be an advantage but not essential
- This role will be based at our HQ in Chertsey (Surrey) so living in close proximity to the office will be a distinct advantage
- Valid UK driving licence is also preferable (although not essential)
All technical staff are given a thorough aptitude and technical test during interviews, so please be aware that this is part of our common employment practice.
Shifts will vary from 6:00am – 8:00pm Monday to Friday with weekend work required once a month. Early starts, late finishes and weekends include extra financial incentives
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000.00 to £23,000.00 /year
Benefits including: 4% Employer Pension Contribution, Employee Assistance Programme, Learning and Development Programme aimed to support Career Progression, Flexible Annual Leave Package, Monthly Kudos Awards, Long Service Awards, Discounted Corporate Gym Membership, Cycle to Work Scheme, Free Parking.
Dedicated internal Culture team committed to enhancing the overall employee experience, including organising frequent social events throughout the year and company-funded participation in our charity partner activities/events.
Inclusion & Diversity
Krome Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment free from discrimination, where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All aspects of employment at Krome including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
We are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Recruitment at Krome works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. Krome does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Apply for this Role:
Please click here to apply for this role