Due to exciting growth within the business, a fantastic opportunity has emerged for a First Line Technical Support Engineer to join our 24×7 Support Team.
Joining this technically strong, fun and dynamic team, you will be dealing with hands-on problem-fixing and troubleshooting across a variety of hardware and software matters.
The candidate will be expected to have a very quick learning curve as they will be thrown a variety of challenges and required to work hard to meet customer expectations and satisfaction.
Training will be provided by virtue of teamwork and Microsoft qualifications, but it is expected you will be able to work independently to solve a variety of technical challenges.
This role is based at our HQ in Chertsey (Surrey) but may also involve secondments to client sites, so availability to travel to London and other client locations is required.
The role includes shift patterns to cover our 24×7 helpdesk. The shift pattern is planned as a block of 4 days or 4 nights of work, followed by a block of 4 days of rest, alternating every two blocks between day and night shifts. A shift is 8.00am-8.00pm or 8.00pm-8.00am.
- 1 to 2 years of professional experience in a similar role OR a recent College / University graduate looking for a great first step on the career ladder within IT
- Experience with / or an understanding of the MS Office Suite, Active Directory, TeamViewer (or similar), Exchange / Office 365, Antivirus software etc
- Some experience using a Ticketing system / working to SLA’s will be advantageous
- Great communication skills (in person and via telephone) – excellent written and spoken English is essential
- Personable, with the ability to build rapport with multiple teams of IT technicians. The candidate will be required to integrate within both the Krome technical team and client IT departments
- The successful candidate will be a punctual and thorough worker, with astute attention to detail
- Any IT qualifications will be an advantage but not essential
- A valid UK driving licence is essential
Shift patterns will vary between 8.00am – 8.00pm or 8.00pm – 8.00am Monday to Friday with 2 hours break.
Firstline Helpdesk roles are based in our Chertsey head office.
You may be occasionally asked to cover weekend shifts as and when needed.
- £21,000 – £26,000 Basic (depending on experience) + £3k Shift Allowance
- 4% Employer Pension Contribution
- Flexible Annual Leave Package (25 days, plus Bank Holidays, increasing with Length of Service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private Medical Insurance (applicable after 5 years’ service)
- Learning and Development Programme, aimed to support Career Progression
- Monthly Employee Recognition Awards (Extra Days Holiday or Amazon Voucher Rewards)
- Long Service Recognition Awards for 5, 10, 15 years+
- Complimentary Breakfast Available (8:00am – 9:00am Mon to Fri)
- Complimentary Tea/Coffee and Fresh Fruit Available All-day
- Fully Stocked Beer/Wine Fridge for Friday After Work Drinks
- Discounted Corporate Gym Membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Shower Facilities
- Free Private Car Park
- Staff Break Out Room with Pool Table
- Modern, Open Plan, Office Environment
- Quarterly Company-Funded Social Events
- Company-Funded (Voluntary) Participation in our Charity Events
- Electric Vehicle Charging Points are Available at our Chertsey Head Office.
Inclusion & Diversity
Krome Technologies is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment free from discrimination, where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All aspects of employment at Krome including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Recruitment at Krome works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. Krome does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Apply for this Role:
Please click here to apply for this role