Second Line Technical Support Role
Due to growth within the business, a role has emerged for a 2nd Line IT Support Engineer to join the technical team.
The right candidate will have an existing track record working within a similar role and knowledge of the Windows Server OS stack, common Virtualisation practices including VDI in Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp and Microsoft RDS. A key understanding of networking would also be advantageous.
There will also be a large drive for professional qualifications in arenas such as Microsoft, Cisco, VMware or Citrix.
This role is field based, so availability to work in Chertsey but also to travel to London is required.
At least two years of experience in a similar role
Experience of some or all of the following;
- Microsoft Windows Desktop / Server Operating Systems, MS Office Suite 2013/2016, Exchange, Skype for Business, Teams Telephony, Active Directory, Firewalls (Palo Alto), Citrix XenApp, Office 365, VMWare, vSphere, Hyper-V, SAN, Zerto, Citrix, SQL Server, Aruba/Airohive Wireless, PRTG network monitoring
- Virtualisation practices from a build, install, configure level through to standard support
- A good grasp of TCP/IP networking
- The ability to install and decommission a range of hardware Including laptops, printers, PC’s, monitors, servers and racks
- Great communication skills (in person and via telephone), excellent written and spoken English is essential
- Personable, with the ability to build rapport with team of IT technicians. The candidate will be required to integrate within both the Krome technical team and client IT departments
- Must be capable of learning a new customer network rapidly. Training and time will be given to absorb such material, but the ability to learn and adapt quickly is a must
- The successful candidate will be a punctual and thorough worker, with astute attention to detail
- Strong academic background – a Bachelor’s degree or related IT qualifications would be highly desirable but not essential
- This role will be based in our Chertsey office (with occasional travel to client sites), so a local postcode would be ideal
- Full UK Driving License is essential for the role
All technical staff are given a thorough aptitude and technical test during interviews, so please be aware that this is part of Krome’s common employment practice.
£27,000 – £33,000 base
The role is 9:00am – 6:00pm Monday to Friday. An “out of hours” shift pattern is also mandatory as part of the role. You will be expected to partake in the shift pattern once every four weeks (at a minimum). This requires keeping an “on-call” mobile phone with you should any emergency alerts be raised. Overtime is paid for this.
Benefits including: 4% Employer Pension Contribution, Employee Assistance Programme, Learning and Development Programme aimed to support Career Progression, Flexible Annual Leave Package, Monthly Kudos Awards, Long Service Awards, Discounted Corporate Gym Membership, Cycle to Work Scheme, Free Parking.
Dedicated internal Culture team committed to enhancing the overall employee experience, including organising frequent social events throughout the year and company-funded participation in our charity partner activities/events.
Inclusion & Diversity
Krome Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment free from discrimination, where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All aspects of employment at Krome including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or veteran status.
We are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Recruitment at Krome works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. Krome does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Apply for this Role:
Please click here to apply for this role