Dell Storage PowerVault MD1280 Dense Enclosure
PowerVault MD1280 – Add capacity to your PowerEdge servers — 40 percent more capacity than previous generations of dense enclosure options — with the Dell Storage PowerVault MD1280, Dell’s most dense storage enclosure.
The PowerVault MD1280 operates as a JBOD (just a box of disks). Add storage capacity to your PowerEdge servers simply and efficiently to take advantage of the Dell’s competitive price per gigabyte.
Scale the Dell Storage PowerVault MD1280 up to 168 drives with two enclosures, and use various optimised drive speeds to tailor the enclosure to meet your most stringent performance requirements.
Competitive pricing, maximum storage
Easily add affordable capacity to your Dell PowerEdge servers with the modular PowerVault MD1280 Storage Enclosure. Together, the PowerVault MD1280 and Dell enterprise hard-drives enable you to add capacity at a competitive price per gigabyte of storage. MD1280 features include:
- 84 hard drives in a 5U standard rack mount chassis
- High capacity 8TB hard drives
- Up to 672TB when using 84 x 8TB NL-SAS 3.5″ HDDs
- The ability to scale up to 1.3PB of capacity when using 2 enclosures, maximum of 168 8TB HDDs
Drive performance and capacity
- 3.5″ NL-SAS 6Gb HDD (7.2K): 4TB, 6TB
- 3.5″ NL-SAS 4kn 6Gb HDD (7.2k): 6TB
- 3.5″ NL-SAS 512e 6Gb HDD (7.2K): 8TB