Dell Compellent SC280 Dense Enclosure – Redefining high-density storage.
High-density storage takes on a whole new meaning with the Dell Compellent SC280 dense enclosure. With the best rack unit density of any major storage solution, the Compellent SC280 is up to 2.8 times denser compared to traditional 2U 3.5″ disk-drive enclosure solutions. You can easily add capacity for your SAN and NAS environments.
Compellent SC280 Features
- Up to 504TB of storage in a 5U chassis
- Up to 4PB (usable) storage per 48U rack with two Dell Compellent Storage Center systems
- Available with either 42 or 84 x 6TB or 4TB 7200 rpm drives
- 6Gbps SAS connectivity
Optimise storage economics
As an all-in-one, fast-write bulk storage solution, the Dell Compellent SC280 can help deliver a low total cost of ownership. It is an ideal solution for:
- Large-scale enterprise deployments
- Co-location environments where you may have to pay separately for your rack space
- File workflows, such as radiology, life sciences and media archival
- Replication-intensive environments
Efficiency that drives your data center
The high-density Dell Compellent SC280 enclosure is up to 2.8 times denser than traditional 2U 3.5” disk-drive enclosure solutions, offering 67.2TB of storage per rack unit. Easily increase storage capacity for your Dell Compellent Storage Center SAN and Compellent FS8600 NAS environments with the scalable SC280 enclosure, and optimise your IT budget.
The Compellent SC280 is equipped with spare drives to help ensure business continuity as part of a resilient, highly available solution that’s backed by industry-leading support. Compellent’s automated tiering technology places less frequently accessed data on the cost- and space-efficient Compellent SC280 enclosure to help you lower your infrastructure costs without compromising the performance of your frequently accessed data storage.