Dell SonicWALL is one of the leading providers of next-generation firewalls (NGFWs).
The proven SonicOS firmware is at the core of every Dell SonicWALL NGFW. SonicOS leverages our scalable, multi-core hardware architecture and Dell’s patented*, singlepass, low-latency, Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection (RFDPI) engine that scans all traffic regardless of port or protocol.
The SonicWALL NGFWs ensure that every byte of every packet is inspected, while maintaining the high performance and low latency that busy networks require. Unlike competitive offerings, the single-pass RFDPI engine enables simultaneous, multi-threat and application scanning, as well as analysis of any size file, without packet reassembly.
This enables SonicWALL NGFWs to massively scale to extend state-of-the-art security to growing and distributed enterprise networks.
SonicWALL NGFWs offer a range of robust capabilities, including:
- Website/URL filtering (content filtering)
- Intrusion prevention service (IPS)
- Malware protection
- Application intelligence, control and real-time visualisation
- Deep packet inspection of SSLencrypted sessions (DPI-SSL)
- Virtual private networking (VPN) over SSL or IPSec
- Wireless security
- Stateful failover/failback Moreover, by leveraging the unique SonicWALL Global Response Intelligent Defense (GRID) worldwide attack identification and monitoring network, Dell SonicWALL firewalls deliver superior protection today and tomorrow.