EqualLogic Key Benefits
Unique Peer Storage Architecture
With the patented peer storage architecture — where “peer” means collaboration and equal partnership in a single, simple architecture — components and arrays work together to share resources, distribute loads, and collaborate for maximum performance, total data protection, and seamless scaling. This architecture enables the array to perform numerous functions that eliminate complexity, including:
- A fully functional array within 60 minutes after opening the box.
- Continuous resource monitoring and automatic management of configuration, load-balancing, capacity expansion, storage pools and tiers, volume snapshots, and replication.
- Online, on-demand capacity expansion without disruption, including dynamic allocation of disk space, connectivity, security, and performance for every application.
- Comprehensive system monitoring, proactive disk drive scanning, group event notifications, multi-pathing, instant recovery, and disaster protection.
- A comprehensive toolkit to facilitate the deployment, ongoing management, and protection of PS Series SANs in Microsoft Windows OS environments.
Modular Design and Enterprise Reliability
With the modular design of the EqualLogic PS Series, you can buy only the amount of storage needed today and seamlessly add additional arrays in the future without disrupting business operations. Enterprise reliability features include fault tolerance; fully redundant, hot-swappable components (including disks, controllers, network interfaces, power supplies, and cooling fans); self-tuning, battery-backed, mirrored controller caches; hot sparing; support for RAID 5/10/50; and 99.999% availability.
Standards-Based Design Means Savings and Full Compatibility.
Dell’s EqualLogic storage solutions leverage both the cost advantages and management simplicity of Ethernet technology. EqualLogic PS Series arrays use industry-standard protocols, disk drives, and network interfaces to provide low connection costs and high performance access to data. In addition, EqualLogic storage solutions support all leading operating systems and host applications, eliminating application incompatibility problems.