Sophos Email Appliances, part of Sophos Email Security and Data Protection, secure the mail gateway from spam, phishing, viruses, spyware and other malware, and employ content filtering and encryption to prevent the loss of confidential or sensitive information via email. Built on an intelligent managed appliance platform, powered by SophosLabs proactive protection and backed by Sophos’s unrivalled 24/7 support, Sophos Email Appliances deliver complete gateway security with less effort and greater peace of mind.
- Blocks more than 99 percent of spam at the email gateway.
- Provides industry-leading protection against viruses, spyware, and Trojans in both inbound and outbound email.
- Enforces acceptable email use and prevents information leakage with easily configurable inbound and outbound policies.
- Updates automatically every few minutes with the latest protection from SophosLabs, a global network of threat analysis centres.
- Provides at-a-glance views of system performance via a webbased dashboard.
- Simplifies administration via a “three-clicks-to-anywhere” management console.
- Includes remote “heartbeat” monitoring and on-demand remote assistance.
- Includes TLS encryption for enhanced security.
- Integrates easily with a range of LDAP services.
- Eliminates the need for additional storage, with a large onboard message quarantine.
- Reduces help desk administration, through end-to-end message tracking.
- Ensures maximum availability with built-in diagnostics and system redundancy.
- Provides on-demand remote assistance via reverse-tunnel SSH connection.
- Includes 24x7x365 support for the duration of the licence and Sophos can be contacted for one-to-one assistance at any time.
Time-saving management console
- A web-based console and powerful dashboard allow easy system navigation and reduce administrative effort, while allowing more effective and strategic management of the email gateway.
- Wizard-based policy configuration for inbound and outbound email keeps unwanted content out, and private content in.
- End-to-end message forensics enable message logs and the quarantine to be searched, saving time spent tracking lost, misplaced or dropped emails.
- One-click clustering means that up to 10 appliances can be managed from a single console.
- Automatic quarantine and log backups ensure onboard storage capacity.
- Includes onboard redundant hard disks and power supply (not ES1000).
- Provides 2-unit failover capability (active/passive).
- Email processing, reporting, FTP configuration back-up, directory services synchronisation and end-user quarantines will continue normally even if a clustered appliance fails.
Industry-leading expertise 24×7
- SophosLabs™ global network of threat analysis centres, provides a rapid response to emerging and evolving threats and a highly acclaimed customer support operates 24×7.
- End-user interface and email digest: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese and Swedish.
- Management console: English.